Friday, January 18, 2013

Foodie Fridays! 10 mins Breakfast Challenge - Wrap and Roll!

As shared in an earlier post, my personal challenge for this year (and I am gonna take it one step at a time on a month-on-month basis 'cos long term commitment scares me!) is to prepare breakfast for Dumpling daily. Not just that but because time is usually tight for me in the morning, my intention is to prepare bentos / breakfast pack which takes 10 - 15mins max!

Ever since we visited the Zoo to see the Pandas recently, Dumpling has been talking about Kai Kai & Jia Jia. :) Since I am such a noob at this whole Bento business, I decided to just add some small touches of the Giant Pandas instead of doing a Panda bento featuring panda moulded rice which is not suitable for brekkie too.

What's in the bento:
1) Cherry Tomatoes with Laughing Cow cheese cubes (Fibre and Calcium)
2) Tuna flakes in sunflower oil (with a dash of pepper and light mozzarella cheese) Wrap (Protein, Calcium, Carbs)
3) Panda butter cookie

This was done within 10 mins as all that I needed to do was to spread the wrap with mozzarella cheese and tuna flakes. Do drain away excess oil from the Tuna so that it does not make the wrap soggy.





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Liza, the appealing part for me was the cheese.. :p

      Delete
  2. Well done! Keep it up! More variety pls haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting up 2 - 3 for FF this week! :) Stay tuned Jen!

      Delete
  3. where did you get the panda cookies and wraps from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carol: The panda cookies I can check out for you 'cos that's by the gramps. For the wraps,I got them from Giant. They sell these in a packet. It is a bit too small for me though, would have loved for them to be bigger. I should think I will be trying out rice paper rolls soon so stay tuned! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Will go look for wraps soon!

      Delete
    3. Hey Carol, I found another option for the wraps which is much nicer! It is from Ikea, will be sharing this Fri! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected