Here's the gathering list:
1) 2 packets of marshmallows
2) 2 packets of Oreos Cookies N Cream
3) 1 Block of Butter (we used salted)
1. Place 1 - 1.5 packets of the Oreo into a zip lock and use a rolling pin to smash up the Oreos. Do not pound / smash it to a powdery form - the idea is to have chewy crumbs
2. Place the 2 packets of marshmallows + 3 tablespoons of butter into a Microwave friendly pot. Heat on high for 1.5 to 2 mins. Check regularly to prevent it being 'burnt'. The marshmallows should puff up like below - not melted into a liquid form. You will need to stir it to achieve a consistent texture. I had to do this on high setting twice, each around 1.5 mins.
3. Once marshmallows are done, mix in the cookies crumbs by folding it in. Then place it in an oiled baking tray. Let it cool.
Once cooled (under 2 hours), you can then cut it out in small blocks
Place it in a simple jar, tie it with a nice ribbon and add a gift tag!
Tada: side view! Look how good it looks - the perfect mash of chewy yet crumbly yummilicious good!
** The Oreos can be replaced with other cookies - Chocolate Chip, etc. I chose Oreos because it is not as sweet as chocolate chip cookies. The rest of the steps are still the same. If the cookie has a tendency to crumble easily, just ensure that you do not roll/pound it for too long. :)
Linking up with Jennifer!
This activity is part of an Advent Activities series where my co-host Jennifer and I aim to share on a daily basis the various activities we are doing as we lead into Christmas!