Friday, August 22, 2014

Foodie Friday - Crab Bee Hoon (Vermicelli)

For some strange reason I had really bad craving for something soupy mid of last week and I was dreaming and lusting over it so I headed out of my way to buy ingredients for Crab Bee Hoon soup!



:: The Gathering List

- Butter (I used about a quarter of the slab) 
- Spring Onion (I love spring onions and I basically used a whole packet which yielded me a plateful of it)
- 4 - 5 thin slices of old ginger
- 4 medium size flower crabs
- 2 packets of raw crab meat
- Half a head of Chinese Cabbage
- 1 packet of chicken stock (I used Swanson)
- 1 packet of Laksa Bee Hoon (Vermicelli)
- 1 can of evaporated milk (I used about 1/3)
- Fish sauce
- Hua Diao Jiu (Chinese Wine)
- 2 - 3 cups of Water

:: The cookout

- Melt the butter over a low flame and add on the sliced ginger, then spring onion, Chinese cabbage, then the crab meat and flower crabs.
- Cook over medium fire for about 5 mins (when you can see the crabs turned red)
- Add the packet of chicken stock & about 2 - 3 cups of water (do your taste test)
- Bring it to a slow boil
- In a different pot, boil water and add the Bee Hoon to the pot. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes till al dente. Drain it and rinse under tap water.
- Add about 1 - 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (to the soup)
- Optional: Add oyster sauce to enhance flavour
- Add evaporated milk and continue to bring it to a slow boil (to the soup)
- Add Hua Diao Jiu to taste (I love this so I added quite generously - about 3 - 4 soup spoonful of it)
- Add Bee Hoon to the wok / pot and cook over low heat for another 3 minutes
- Serve hot!


Linking up:


In the previous week, I shared a wholesome beef stew that usually has my family going for 'seconds'! Here's the recipe!
 
If you have enjoyed this post, please follow me on my Facebook Page where I share my parenting thoughts, food photos (be prepared for tons of them!), early shout outs for giveaways and interact with you, my readers! You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected