Friday, December 13, 2013

Baked Chilean Cod

I am still in love with my Philips Avance XL Air Fryer where I use it at every turn when I can, as I cook and prepare meals over the weekend. I do not know about your kiddos but Dumpling does not like Salmon. She finds the smell a tad too strong. However, she likes cod so that makes things a tad easier!

I like cod fish because it is full of Omega 3 acids + it is easy to cook. With the Philips Avance XL Air Fryer, it is almost where I now have an additional 'stove' - while the potatoes are boiling on the gas stove and I am preparing the grilled vegetables, the cod is being 'baked' in the AirFryer! :) Here's sharing this simple and healthy 25 min recipe below!


Preparation time: 5 - 7 mins
Cooking time: 15 - 18 mins

:: Gathering List
1. 1 packet of Chilean cod steaks (I used about 4 pieces for the kiddo and myself)
2. Italian Herbs
3. Salted Butter - 2 pieces of 1" x 1" cut into small cubes (as above)
4. Grounded Black Pepper
5. Lemon Juice

:: The Cookout
1. Wash and place the cod steaks in foil and dab dry with paper towels
2. Add a few dashes of grounded black pepper
3. Add Italian herbs sparingly (coat it well and spread evenly)
4. I used about 2 tea spoons of lemon juice and drizzled over the cod steaks
5. Fold up the aluminum sheet like a parcel; seal up the edges well
6. Place it in the basket of the AirFryer and bake on 180 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes. For our case, because our fish was a tad more than an inch thick, it took about 17-18 minutes so you would have to adjust the timing accordingly and check after 14 minutes. :)

Serve on a bed of mash potatoes and grilled vegetables for a healthy balanced diet! No added oil and all 'air baked'! Now, isn't this a pretty looking meal?


Previously, I shared 2 yummilicious recipes on baked crayfish and garlic butter wine clams which are really great for the festive season too!

If you have enjoyed this post, please follow me on my Facebook Page where I share my parenting thoughts, food photos (be prepared for tons of them!), early shout outs for giveaways and interact with you, my readers! You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram!

1 comment:

  1. I just tried this yummy recipe from your blog and it has come out really yummy!! :)
    This is my first Baked Chilean Cod and I am quite happy with the outcome...
    Thanks for sharing this easy recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected