Sunday, February 19, 2012

Aha moments 1

I have been asked by many parents why I do it, why not let someone do it.

"Why make it so hard for yourself, just outsource lah" is one of the most common comments that I get.

This is why. The "Aha" moments: moments where I am privileged to be part of Dumpling's learning and observation process, to be able to witness that sparkle in her eye and that proud smile when she makes a new discovery and that joyous laughter when she is at her imaginative play.

I LOVE IT. I love being part of it. Sure, it is hard but even on days when it gets labouriously trying and "masochistically" punishing as I try to dissect a topic down to her level of understanding and thinking of new creative ways to engage her, we still enjoy it. I do regularly ask her if she wants to be enrolled in a bilingual school and stop homeschooling but her preference is still for us to do the things we do.

Yep, we would not have it any other way :)

Self discovery  the "melting" process: ice and heat


Ahoy Matey! Her effort at being a nasty pirate. LOL



On senses and taste: SOUR!


 Working out weight distribution on her own when building her dino robot


LOL, seriously, can one not laugh at this? :p



 Lastly, my all time favourite. This is one when we started homelearning and we were painting with yoghurt. The toothless smile. That pure unadulterated joy on her face.

Still warms my heart and brings a smile to my face, after 2 years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected