Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wordful Wednesday - Painting is not just kid's play!

As part of the Singapore Mom Blogger's first anniversary celebration, some of us had a chance to try our hand at painting. Dumpling has been attending Art classes for a while at Heart Studio and being someone who love colours, I have actually expressed my interest in picking up painting and was speaking to the studio too!

Heart Studio hosted 2 groups of mummy bloggers that morning and I was placed with Teacher Syafiq and Teacher Elma where we explored on Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Though I am no stranger to Van Gogh having done a homeschool unit with Dumpling on the famous masters, attempting it on my own all in one morning is an entirely different experience!

Teacher Syafiq (Dumpling's teacher) introducing the theme for the morning and the journey ahead...

You know that you are with a group of blogger mummies when they are ever so ready to smile and ham it up for the camera and when photography takes on to another level...

Teacher Elma (the regular teacher for the 5 - 6YO) guiding us on the very first step - the outline

And it was our cue to start ~ starting with choosing our colour theme

After the outline was done...

I started on the background. Van Gogh is known for his thick and bold strokes where he also layered on paint to create the textured effect and so, I decided to try my hand at layering on. Boy, was it hard work!!! I now have new found respect for Dumpling who was ever so attentive in her classes.

And after about 2 hours, I was done!


What I like a lot about the class was that just like Dumpling's Little Dali journey, there was no teacher to hold on to our hands but instead, the teachers' roles were to guide and at most, demonstrate. I also had free rein in terms of colour choice - something that definitely satisfies the rebel in me as opposed to having to follow a colour scheme strictly. 

I was pretty amazed that even I managed to churn out a fairly decent painting. So I decided to take a quick look around the studio and these are the works of my fellow mummy blogger friends! Gorgeous aren't they?


And here's a group photo of all the talented mummy bloggers! :)


Special thanks to Heart Studio for hosting us that morning. It was loads of fun and was certainly great to have a go at painting my own sunflowers which is now proudly displayed on my bedroom wall! :) 

Heart Studio
101 Soo Chow Walk Singapore 575385
T: 6554 7563

SingaporeMomBloggers


Also linking up with

6 comments:

  1. Yoohoo! I like your background and the bold big strokes! =) It was great to see you, even though for a brief while, that day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Summer, yes! It was great to have a face with the name! :) Hope to catch up more with you the next time!

      Delete
  2. Love your background!!! really Bold Thick Strokes! NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I semi regretted mid way because I thought that it was way too ambitious and when the arm started aching after a while! :p You are the cool mama la, slung along the kiddo!

      Delete
  3. How fun - and the end product is stunning! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jody, thanks for popping by! I was pleasantly surprised at the final piece too - went ahead with non traditional colours!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected