Friday, August 8, 2014

Foodie Friday - Beef Stew

Cooking is a small pleasure of mine because besides loving to eat, I cook to destress. Last week was a beef week for me as I was craving for red meat. Besides making 'homemade' patties, I cooked beef stew for the family. Here's the recipe to share (adapted from Jamie Oliver's recipe)

:: The Gathering List
- Butter (I used about a quarter of the slab) 
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- A dash of dried rosemary (I used McCormicks)
- 500g stewing beef, cut into 5cm pieces
- Worcester Sauce
- Ground black pepper (I used McCormicks)
- All purpose flour + Cornflour
- 2 - 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 4 to 5cm blocks
- 3 stalks of celery (sliced)
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into quarters 
- 1 packet of beef stock (I used Campbell, 500gm) 
- 1 quarter can of diced tomato cubes
- Optional: Tendons

:: The cookout
- Marinate the beef in advance with salt, ground black pepper and Worcester Sauce
- Melt the butter over a low flame and add on the chopped onions then celery, carrots and potatoes. Cook over low heat for about 5 mins
- At the same time, preheat your oven (20 mins on 160 degrees) 
- Coat the beef cubes with the flour mix and add to the casserole dish with all the vegetables. 
- Add tendons (if you have), turn up the flame to medium
- Add the diced tomato cubes and toss it with the rest for a while 
- Add the packet of beef stock
- Bring it to a slow boil. Add rosemary 
- Transfer the casserole dish to the oven. I set it at 170 degrees for 2 hours. 
- Serve hot with bread, mash potatoes or rice. 

Linking up:



I have previously shared a recipe on Chicken Stew with a slight variation. Here's the recipe to share.

If you have enjoyed this post, please follow me on my Facebook Page where I share my parenting thoughts, food photos (be prepared for tons of them!), early shout outs for giveaways and interact with you, my readers! You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected