Monday, November 18, 2013

User Experience: Herb Roasted Chicken Drumsticks with Philips Avance XL AirFryer

I will be the first to own up that I am quite a dinosaur in the area of kitchen tools and aids. My 3-in-1 grill/oven/microwave has served me well for the past 7odd years and I have not gone around looking at new kitchen tools.


So I was a tad worried if I know how to use the Philips Avance XL Airfryer when I finally laid my hands on it. After opening it up and having a quick glance / look at the manual, my immediate thought was “So that’s it? Pop it in, set temperature and then the time?” LOL


Above: The Philips Avance XL Airfryer is a spunky looking kitchen tool with the stylish black and smooth lines. 

:: User Experience

Eating Healthy, the Air-fried way!
Being a noob at using this, I really wanted to try out a single meat item first. The entire concept of airfrying is truly exciting for me as eating healthier is definitely one of the things that I am concerned about when it comes to cooking for the family. Chicken is one of the regular items we cook at home so I decided to roast some drumsticks.


Here’s how they turned out:


Here’s a close up – can you see that there is no oil residue near / below the chicken pieces? I am certainly impressed at how healthy this cooking method is!



A quick look at the container below strainer shows very little oil. As I was lifting the pieces out of the strainer with a pair of tongs, I was pleased to hear the unmistakable crackling sound of a well-roasted chicken. The skin was crispy just like how it usually is when I use my oven.

Capacity
For this latest model, the Philips Avance XL Airfryer has 50% larger capacity. That worked beautifully for me as I could roast 4 drumsticks all at one go – perfect for my family size! This saves me much time as compared to having to roast them in 2 batches!

:: The taste test
Because we had marinated the chicken pieces for about 6 hours so the meat was flavorful. When it comes to cooking, I very rarely deep fry our dishes because I believe in healthy eating and I do not like it when the meat is too dry.

However, this was not the case with the Philips Avance XL Airfryer – check out how my chicken drumsticks turned out!


The meat was still flavourful yet still moist. An additional plus point which I like about using the Philips Avance XL Airfryer is that unlike deep frying where the herbs may float off, the herbs which I use for marinating stay on the chicken. This ensures that the taste from the herbs stays locked in. J   

Now, are you keen to try out my herb roasted chicken drumsticks? Here’s the recipe to share!

:: The Gathering List
1.  4 chicken drumsticks
2. Dried Mixed Herbs
3. 1 teaspoon of Chili Powder
4. 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
5. Grounded Black Pepper
6. Lemon Juice
All of the items listed from 2 to 5 are from McCormicks

Optional: Red Wine Marinade


:: The Cookout 
1. Rub in Lemon Juice (I use around 2 teaspoons) and 2 table spoons of Red Wine Marinade
2. Sprinkle and rub garlic salt and a few dashes of black pepper to the chicken
3. Add a few dashes of herbs (according to taste)
4. Leave to marinade for at least 1 hour
5. Pre-heat fryer to 180◦ for about 5 mins
6. Add drumsticks to the basket
7. Roast on 200◦ for the first 10 mins and then 180◦ on another 5 

Served hot!


Disclaimer: I was invited to share my User Experience using Philips Avance XL Airfryer. All opinions and sharing I have given are mine and may differ from others. 

Cook with Air today! Quote Beanie N Us  and buy the Viva Digital Airfryer at $399 (Usual price: $459), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER andAvance XL Airfryer at $479 (Usual price: $539), FREE $50 SHOPPING VOUCHER at the PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM. This promotion is valid from 1stDecember till 31st January 2014.

Limited to 1 Airfryer per person. IC must be produced.
PHILIPS EXPERIENCE SHOWROOM
Address: 620A Lorong 1 Toa Payoh Building TP4 Level 1 S(319762)
Tel: 6882 5800
Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00 am – 7.00 pm Saturday: 9.00 am – 1.00 pm. Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays.


The Viva Digital Airfryer and Avance XL Airfryer are also available at regular prices in leading electronics stores, department stores and supermarkets island-wide.

4 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for your clams recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! It is coming soon ~ Next post! Akan Datang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always prefer Philips for all of my cookware thanks to the high technology they apply in their cooking operation principle. I often make boneless chicken thigh air fried for my kids every weekend. They love it than any other similar KFC outside. I haven't owned a food processor but it seems pretty effective with garlic and onion. I will consider having one soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the flavours and spices going on in this chicken definitely looks delicious and something I would LOVE to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected