Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A "NIVEA Body UV Whitening Serum with SPF 25" 14-Day Experience!

Motherhood is an amazing journey yet at the same thing, this endless mad rush of “things” to be done for and with the kid where I rarely have time for myself. 

I am guilty of neglecting my skincare regime for the past few years too - with the mad rush of transiting from work and then to a homeschooling mum daily. What was deemed as a regular regime of washing, masking, toning and moisturizing, has become very much a ‘slap and go’ job.

What’s frightening for me is that the years of neglect is finally catching up. The skin on my limbs is dry and my feet looks flaky (something which my manicurist nags at me to no end)!

It does not help that I dislike the idea of applying any form of sunscreen on my body because most leave a sticky and oily feeling which is often made worse in our hot and humid weather here. But the irony is I truly love the outdoors where I head out to farms, zoo, water play, etc. with Dumpling whenever I can but yup, without any sunscreen protection! What’s scary for me is recently *gasp* Dumpling pointed at my arms recently and ask me “Mama, why do you have brown dots on your arms?” A hawt sexy mama I am so NOT turning out to be!

Above photos: what 4.5 years of neglect looks like.
Left photo: pic is that of my foot where my skintone is uneven, dry and cracked! Right pic: photo is of my arm and as you can see, I have uneven pigmentation.

A closer look at my lifestyle reveals that I am in an air-conditioned environment the whole time! No wonder my skin is dry! Added to the fact that another key ‘role’ of mine in the family is that…


I am also the official driver! So with years of sunlight and damage from the UVA and UVB rays, my arms are now darker, sun-damaged and have more brown spots than my face!


While guilty of paying more attention to my face (ahem, since that is the ‘part’ which everyone sees!) than my body, I shudder to think how wrinkled / dry / brown I will look in 10 years’ time!

So I decided that I should start taking better care of myself and started on a new bodycare regime too and I started using NIVEA Body UV Whitening Serum with SPF25.

I was pleasantly surprised that it dispels my belief that all sunscreens are sticky and oily. The texture was smooth, easy to apply (not thick or oily) and it was absorbed very quickly! I am also sensitive to smells and do not like any heavy flora scent. This is not an issue with NIVEA Body UV Whitening Serum with SPF25 as it has a light fruity scent instead. What I like too is that it is a serum that moisturizes and has sun protection for the body! So I need only to use one product just before driving. 

Best of all, it fits into my work bag perfectly!
I am embarking on a 14-day experience using this product and will be sharing more in my next post!

Disclaimer: This is an advertorial for NIVEA and is part of a series of “14-day experience” for NIVEA Body UV Whitening Serum SPF25. I have been compensated for this post. All opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but my sharing is based on my personal usage and experience of the product. 

2 comments:

  1. I read about the NIVEA Body UV Whitening Serum from many. Most of the time they said positive about this product. Thanks for your detail article. For other useful UV products .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by, stay tuned for the second post!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected