Here's a very simple recipe
1. 1 cup of flour (plain / bread flour)
2. 1/2 cup of butter
3. 4 eggs (I used 54gm eggs)
4. 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup evaporated milk
5. Instead of sugar, we used sweetened condensed milk (5 - 6 table teaspoons depending on your preference)
6. 1/2 to 1 cup of raisins / currants (soaked for 5 mins)
a) Mix items (1) to (5), slowly kneading in the butter till it dissolves into the batter
b) Once the batter is well mixed, place over low heat on stove
and mix till you get the texture as photo below and mix in the raisins
c) Then scoop the dough up and drop (like a rock bun) into the baking tray (well-oiled) or use baking sheets. Bake on 170 degrees for 25 mins. (My oven was pre-heated).
With Christmas coming up, this makes a lovely gift in a clear cellophane bag tied with X'mas coloured ribbons :) Enjoy!