Saturday, May 24, 2008

absolutely clueless

I am the first to readily admit, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to babies.

Ask me anything about dogs and I will most likely have a response - opinion, sharing, feedback, etc. For e.g.:

- you can use olive oil (not the cooking type!) for minor skin problems such as bites, rashes, etc.)
- use cornflour if your dog has a minor cut to stop the bleeding as it helps with clogging
- use some anti-septic powder on your fingertips when plucking hair from the ears (smell nice and it helps with preventing infection)

Hence, you can only imagine how lost I was when I was looking at a baby items list which I picked up from Taka in March during the babyfair. My first experience was this:





































Out of curiosity, how many of you actually know what it is?

My assistant at work, at the ripe 'old' age of 25 pointed out to me such an item and said "oh look! so cute! look at the print! they have a suzy's zoo diaper stacker!"

I was like WHAT??? THAT IS A DIAPER STACKER? WHATEVER DO WE NEED ONE FOR??? I swear, I have never seen one in my entire life!!!

And that was just the beginning. I have since made dunno how many calls and MSN my bro dunno how many times to ask about baby's stuff.

"gor, for newborn babies, if i intend to BF, do i even need bottles? i do? ai yoh, what size - is 125ml the correct one? and oh, robinsons having 20% off, is it an OK deal?"

"gor, do we even need a steriliser - can we not just use hot water and sterilising tablet?"

"gor, for NBs' rompers, should buy sleeves or no sleeves or what?"

"gor, for cot and stroller hor, what to look out for? huh? so many things to consider? can you just give it to me in summarised bullet points?"

hahahahahahahahahahaaa... my poor brother simply has no peace lah... Over the stroller issue, I must have MSN him like 101 questions... Sigh...

And just when I thought I am slowly getting the hang of it *smug look on my face* and has completed like 65% of the Taka list, my buddy - angela, gave me another list and guess what! I am not even 30% there!

And on both list, one of the items is "Baby Oil" - whatever is that for? Cant I just use the Olive Oil that I have which I got for my two lovely cocker spaniels for beanie instead???!??? -____-

4 comments:

  1. Honestly I had no idea what that picture was either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know that's a diaper stacker, but i didn't know the duck had a name! *hahaha*

    baby oil is for massaging the baby. you can use baby lotion for that purpose too. baby oil is particularly useful if a baby has cradle cap. cradle cap is a patchy, greasy, scaly and crusty skin rash that occurs on the scalp of recently born babies. my little girl had it two months back too.

    it's the great singapore sale now. happy shopping for baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahahaa... so I am not the only hopeless one!

    No man's land: thanks for the tip, I have asked around and no one seems to be able to tell me what it is for, only you! Do visit again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you bet i will come back again. i like to read blogs, and yours is definitely an interesting one. =) and i like dogs too. i have a shih tzu myself...but i am a lousy owner. my shih tzu doesn't have the long, flowy hair that is characteristic of the poster shih tzus. mine is always in a puppy cut...the style that is the easiest to maintain. =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Be warned: All content in this blog is copyright protected.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected